Grass is a Healthy Alternative!
Posted on Mar 6, 2011
A 50 X 50 foot area supplies enough oxygen for a family of four for one year!
Thick turf crowds out weeds, reducing pollen in the air that causes allergies.
Grass is a plant that has many positive benefits:
- LOOKS GOOD – increases property value by 15-20%
- NATURAL AIR CONDITIONER – absorbs heat, cooler than hot pavement
- DUST FILTER – traps dust, smoke, pollution from the air that we breathe
- EROSION CONTROL – catches raindrops before they disturb the soil encouraging percolation as opposed to runoff
- ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY – uses greenhouse gases – counteracting climate changes; generates oxygen (a necessity of human life)
- NOISE REDUCER – can reduce sounds by 8-10 decibels
- FILTERS WATER – cleans and filters water before it runs into the streams, rivers, wells and purifying systems.